There are three stages to every project – Pre-Production, Production and last but definitely not least Post-Production.
Post-production is like putting the last coat of paint on a wall. This is where the magic happens. This is where graphics, images, music, color grading and special effects are all added. This is where your project comes to life.
Common tasks which can happen during post-production include:
- Re-arranging clips based on the storyboard
- Adding titles and graphics
- Adding sound effects, music, etc.
- Color correction and color grading
- Adding visual effects
- Re-shooting certain scenes if required ("pick-up" shots)
- Producing the final video file (DVD, Electronic file etc.)